- •AVA showed acceptable effects on patients with secondary AA after chemoradiotherapy.
- •AVA showed a dose-dependent effect on patients.
- •Previous ELT and age had no effect on patients’ response to AVA.
- •Safety and effectiveness of AVA were further confirmed by this study.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of adult aplastic anaemia.Br J Haematol. 2016; 172: 187-207
- Lusutrombopag for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing invasive procedures (L-PLUS 2).Hepatology. 2019; 70: 1336-1348
- Severe aplastic anemia: allogeneic bone marrow transplantation as first-line treatment.Blood Adv. 2018; 2: 2020-2028
- Eltrombopag added to standard immunosuppression for aplastic anemia.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 1540-1550
- Eltrombopag: a springboard to early responses in SAA.Blood. 2022; 139: 1-2
- Long-term outcomes in patients with severe aplastic anemia treated with immunosuppression and eltrombopag: a phase 2 study.Blood. 2022; 139: 34-43
- Eltrombopag restores trilineage hematopoiesis in refractory severe aplastic anemia that can be sustained on discontinuation of drug.Blood. 2014; 123: 1818-1825
- Al-Samkari H. An evaluation of avatrombopag for the treatment of thrombocytopenia.Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2021; 22: 273-280
- The structure, function, and clinical use of the thrombopoietin receptor agonist avatrombopag.Blood Rev. 2021; 100909
- Eltrombopag added to immunosuppression in severe aplastic anemia.N Engl J Med. 2022; 386: 11-23
- Acquired severe aplastic anaemia: how medical therapy evolved in the 20th and 21st centuries.Br J Haematol. 2021; 194: 954-969
- Activity of eltrombopag in severe aplastic anemia.Blood Adv. 2018; 2: 3054-3062
- A novel recombinant human thrombopoietin therapy for the management of immune thrombocytopenia in pregnancy.Blood. 2017; 130: 1097-1103
- Phase II study of avatrombopag in thrombocytopenic patients with cirrhosis undergoing an elective procedure.J Hepatol. 2014; 61: 1253-1259
- Avatrombopag, an oral thrombopoietin receptor agonist: results of two double-blind, dose-rising, placebo-controlled Phase 1 studies.Br J Haematol. 2018; 183: 466-478
- A randomized trial of avatrombopag, an investigational thrombopoietin-receptor agonist, in persistent and chronic immune thrombocytopenia.Blood. 2014; 123: 3887-3894
- Thrombopoietin receptor agonists: ten years later.Haematologica. 2019; 104: 1112-1123
- Development of thrombopoietin receptor agonists for clinical use.J Thromb Haemost. 2009; 7: 239-244
- AKR-501 activates the thrombopoietin receptor through interaction with the transmembrane domain.Blood. 2008; 112 (–5391): 5391
- Phase 3 randomised study of avatrombopag, a novel thrombopoietin receptor agonist for the treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenia.Br J Haematol. 2018; 183: 479-490
- AKR-501 (YM477) a novel orally-active thrombopoietin receptor agonist.Eur J Haematol. 2009; 82: 247-254
- Optimal use of thrombopoietin receptor agonists in immune thrombocytopenia.Ther Adv Hematol. 2019; 102040620719841735
- Avatrombopag: a review in thrombocytopenia.Drugs. 2021; 81: 1905-1913
Sobi. FDA grants avatrombopag Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia. Available at: https://www.sobi.com/en/press-releases/fda-grants-avatrombopag-orphan-drug-designation-treatment-chemotherapy-induced. Accessed April 9, 2021.
- Avatrombopag for chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia in patients with non-haematological malignancies: an international, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet Haematol. 2022; 9: e179-e189
- Thrombopoietin receptor agonist in chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia.Lancet Haematol. 2022; 9: e168-e169
- Avatrombopag before procedures reduces need for platelet transfusion in patients with chronic liver disease and thrombocytopenia.Gastroenterology. 2018; 155: 705-718
- Effect of avatrombopag in the management of severe and refractory chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia (CIT) in patients with solid tumors.Platelets. 2022; 33: 1024-1030
- Treatment optimization and genomic outcomes in refractory severe aplastic anemia treated with eltrombopag.Blood. 2019; 133: 2575-2585
- AKR-501 (YM477) in combination with thrombopoietin enhances human megakaryocytopoiesis.Exp Hematol. 2008; 36: 1337-1342
- A multicenter study of romiplostim for chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia in solid tumors and hematologic malignancies.Haematologica. 2021; 106: 1148-1157
- Eltrombopag in immune thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, and myelodysplastic syndrome: from megakaryopoiesis to immunomodulation.Drugs. 2019; 79: 1305-1319
Glaxosmithkline. Promacta: prescribing information. Available at: https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/promacta.pdf. Accessed April 1, 2021.
- Phase 1 clinical study of eltrombopag, an oral, nonpeptide thrombopoietin receptor agonist.Blood. 2007; 109: 4739-4741
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of AMG 531, a thrombopoiesis-stimulating peptibody, in healthy Japanese subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled study.J Clin Pharmacol. 2007; 47: 1489-1497
- Preclinical activity of eltrombopag (SB-497115), an oral, nonpeptide thrombopoietin receptor agonist.Stem Cells. 2009; 27: 424-430
- Comparative efficacy and safety of thrombopoietin receptor agonists in adults with thrombocytopenia: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trial.Front Pharmacol. 2021; 12704093
- Efficacy and safety of avatrombopag in patients with thrombocytopenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Front Pharmacol. 2019; 10: 829
- Eltrombopag and improved hematopoiesis in refractory aplastic anemia.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 11-19